- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
- FREE Delivery on orders above $20 within Singapore.
- International Shipping & Tax calculated at checkout.
Rationality Through Reasoning answers the question of how people are motivated to do what they believe they ought to do, built on a comprehensive account of normativity, rationality and reasoning that differs significantly from much existing philosophical thinking.
- Develops an original account of normativity, rationality and reasoning significantly different from the majority of existing philosophical thought
- Includes an account of theoretical and practical reasoning that explains how reasoning is something we ourselves do, rather than something that happens in us
- Gives an account of what reasons are and argues that the connection between rationality and reasons is much less close than many philosophers have thought
- Contains rigorous new accounts of oughts including owned oughts, agent-relative reasons, the logic of requirements, instrumental rationality, the role of normativity in reasoning, following a rule, the correctness of reasoning, the connections between intentions and beliefs, and much else.
- Offers a new answer to the ‘motivation question’ of how a normative belief motivates an action.
|Format:||Paperback / softback, 322 pages||Language:||English|
|Dimension:||150 x 15 x 229mm||ISBN10:||1118656059|
|Weight:||408g||ISBN13:||9781118656051||Publication Date:||02 Jul 2013||Publisher:||Wiley|
Domestic Delivery (Singapore)
- Your order will be delivered to you within 1-3 business days.
- We are delighted to be able to offer FREE delivery on all orders above $20 in Singapore.
- Your order will be delivered to you within 7-30 business days.
- Any applicable import duties, taxes (including VAT) and shipping charges will depend on your destination country. All chargers will be displayed at checkout.
All prices shown on the Content Binded website are in Singaporean dollars. The prices shown are inclusive of GST.
The best way to contact us is by filling in the online contact form within the Contact Us section. The form is designed to help you specify the query that you have and then direct it to a member of our customer support team that is best suited to deal with it.
We work hard to deal with your queries within 24 hours.We also welcome to receiving any suggestions or feedback as to how we can improve. All emails are read by a member of a customer support team. Please send your emails to firstname.lastname@example.org
We currently ship to countries and regions seen below.
- Brunei Darussalam
- Hong Kong
- Korea (South)