- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
- FREE Delivery on orders above $20 within Singapore.
- International Shipping & Tax calculated at checkout.
We live in an era dominated by terrorism but struggle to understand its meaning and the real nature of the threat. In this new edition of his widely acclaimed survey of the topic, Randall Law makes sense of the history of terrorism by examining it within its broad political, religious and social contexts and tracing its development from the ancient world to the 21st century. In Terrorism: A History, Law reveals how the very definition of the word has changed, how the tactics and strategies of terrorism have evolved, and how those who have used it adapted to revolutions in technology, communications, and political ideologies. Terrorism: A History extensively covers such topics as jihadist violence, state terror, the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, Northern Ireland, anarcho-terrorism, and the Ku Klux Klan, plus lesser known movements in Uruguay and Algeria, as well as the pre-modern uses of terror in ancient Rome, medieval Europe, and the French Revolution. This thoroughly revised edition features up-to-date analysis of:
· Al-Qaeda’s affiliates and the “franchising” of jihadism· “Lone wolf” violence in the United States and Europe· Sri Lanka’s victory over the Tamil Tigers Other features include updated and expanded bibliographies in each chapter, more scholarly citations, and a new conclusion, making Terrorism: A History the go-to book for those wishing to understand the real nature and importance of this ubiquitous phenomenon.
|Format:||Hardback, 378 pages||Language:||English|
|Dimension:||22.9cm x 15.2cm x 2.73cm||ISBN10:||0745690890|
|Weight:||709g||ISBN13:||9780745690896||Publication Date:||12 Aug 2016||Publisher:||Polity Press|
"Exceptionally rich and sophisticated in analysis, Randal Law's much needed updated edition of Terrorism: A History is a welcome addition to the currently available literature and deserves to be read not only by students and academic specialists but also by security analysts, policy makers and general readers". Professor George Kassimeris, University of Wolverhampton “Terrorism continues to evolve, not erode. Professor Law, in this second edition, continues his examination of this evolution up through ISIS and other contemporary violent actors and provides additional insights to increase your understanding of terrorism today. His book remains the one to read for anyone seeking to understand terrorism, its history, and the thinking and motivation of those who practice it.” Ed Rowe, Colonel, US Army (Ret.
); Office of the Secretary of Defense Staff (Ret.
)"Law deserves a wide readership and many accolades for this thorough and interesting study."H-War, H-Net Reviews
Domestic Delivery (Singapore)
- Your order will be delivered to you within 1-3 business days.
- We are delighted to be able to offer FREE delivery on all orders above $20 in Singapore.
- Your order will be delivered to you within 7-30 business days.
- Any applicable import duties, taxes (including VAT) and shipping charges will depend on your destination country. All chargers will be displayed at checkout.
All prices shown on the Content Binded website are in Singaporean dollars. The prices shown are inclusive of GST.
The best way to contact us is by filling in the online contact form within the Contact Us section. The form is designed to help you specify the query that you have and then direct it to a member of our customer support team that is best suited to deal with it.
We work hard to deal with your queries within 24 hours.We also welcome to receiving any suggestions or feedback as to how we can improve. All emails are read by a member of a customer support team. Please send your emails to firstname.lastname@example.org
We currently ship to countries and regions seen below.
- Brunei Darussalam
- Hong Kong
- Korea (South)